Monday, March 22, 2010

Seeds and makeshift growlights.

I started some seeds a few weeks back and they are coming along quite nicely. Mind you that the first 2 weeks of growing were on a air hockey table with a south facing window. The poor seedlings were just stretching to get the most sunlight they could. Here are a few photos after I created a light growing station with a metal shelf and a few fluorescent fixtures.


Marigolds (about 3 weeks old)
Photobucket



And 2 days ago I started some Tomatoes (cherry and early hybrid) and some Buttercrunch Lettuce. Mmmmmmmmm.
Photobucket


Herbs (Oregano, Parsley, Thyme, Basil, Rosemary) and Strawberries (this one I regret to have done, I should have bought plants instead)
Photobucket



All in good time, all good eats in time.

3 comments:

  1. We all take a couple of stumbles along the seed starting route.
    Good luck with your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get lights for my seedlings, they are spindly and weak! But this year is all about the learning for me.....

    ReplyDelete