Sunday, April 18, 2010

Seedlings are like cactus'

I almost lost 3 trays of seedlings last week. I decided to go on a transplanting binge and move the tomato, a few herbs and many of the marigolds into larger trays so they could strengthen their roots. I added water, lots of water, too much water! Two days after, everything looked dead and dying, I was so devastated by this.

Gord from work told me that I over-watered and to let them dry out with a fan ( but I don't have one) and they may come back.

Well, I'm glad to announce that only 3 tomato seedlings died and the rest are bouncing back, it took a while. The Marigolds look terrible though, they lost their top leaves from wilting and over saturation. I did a check this morning on them and I found FLOWER BUDS! Coolio!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment